Anglian Windows Misselling

Cougar1

Nov 2, 2014
We are having a nightmare with Anglian windows which is now going to court, as it seems are so many others.

BUT.... a question.

Anglian does not employ any sales people (we have just discovered) the sales person can say what they want to close a sale, or so it seems, or so they believe, or so they are prepared to risk. Its just hearsay?

So can we take action against theses self employed individuals causing so much distress to so many by making false statements to get a contract for commission signed

These sales personnel seem to think they are immune as does Anglian Windows.

Any test cases known?

Can we pursue the recovery of deposits for mis-sold products thro the rep not Anglian, or better still BOTH!

kittenmaster

Apr 21, 2015
We are having a nightmare with Anglian windows which is now going to court, as it seems are so many others.

BUT.... a question.

Anglian does not employ any sales people (we have just discovered) the sales person can say what they want to close a sale, or so it seems, or so they believe, or so they are prepared to risk. Its just hearsay?

So can we take action against theses self employed individuals causing so much distress to so many by making false statements to get a contract for commission signed

These sales personnel seem to think they are immune as does Anglian Windows.

Any test cases known?

Can we pursue the recovery of deposits for mis-sold products thro the rep not Anglian, or better still BOTH!

Did you get anywhere with this? About to go through court proceedings myself. But as its over £10K its not small claims. Need to find leverage to make Anglian see sense.

Cougar1

Nov 2, 2014
" BAIT & SWITCH or BAIT & SUE"

The BAIT

The Salesman is sent in to bait and close the customer (No commission unless order signed on first visit).

The SWITCH

Now Anglian decides what can be sold and switches the customer using Bully Tactics and the VOC "Variation of Contract".

If the Switch Later Fails

THE SUE

If the sale falls over then Sue the customer for 30% of the SALE.

londonplumber

Oct 8, 2015
What happened to this, because I have heard lots of bad things about Anglian. i think I recall seeing them on daytime TV shows

MichaelCNichols

Jul 6, 2016
Any update about this? I'd appreciate if there's any update as I'm facing a similar problem. I'm not very familiar with this and was hoping to get some suggestion from you guys.