Links of London earrings

emmab1973

Mar 21, 2017
Good morning!

I am hoping for a bit of advise if possible. I had a pair of Links of London earrings purchased for me on the 9th January 2017 by my partner, after wearing them four times I had discovered I had lost one ( distraught) I spent half my day searching Blue water for the lost earring with no joy!

When I came home I found it on my living room floor much to my relief but no backing, I immediately contacted Links of London on the 17th February 2017 to inform them of the faulty backing after numerous emails back and forth I discovered my partner had purchased the items from a third party company Francis & Gaye Ltd.

So I contacted them and have sent the earrings back at my own cost to Francis & Gaye who will then contact Links of London ( sigh )

They have come back to me today to let me know they will provide me with new backings for said earrings, but my issue is if I had lost the earring due to the faulty backing I would of been at fault and no way would I be able to get a refund of replacement as how could I prove the earring was faulty?

I am not happy with just a backing for the earring in case it happens again, am I right in saying this? They also told me they don't refund earrings due to hygienic reasons, obviously I understand this but faulty items surely they must?! I am happy with a credit note or a refund am I able to carry this forward and am I just stuck at having new backings and potentially losing my earrings.

Any advise would be much appreciated